Wednesday 9 May 2007

What we've been doing lately

Well, I decided to post this, just to make sure you have enough suport with the lessons, which will gradually get more difficult, by the way.

First, here you have an exercise to practise the question tags. Remember that depending on what we want to say, we can use rising or falling intonation. If we just expect confirmation, we use falling intonation, which mean in Spanish , "cierto?" "no es cierto?". On the other hand, when our intonation in the tag is rising, we are really asking a question.

Example: Imagine I say, "You have a brother called Carlos, don't you?" Okay, if I'm not sure, or I don't remember exactly who has Carlos as brother, I should use rising intonation. But if I were 98% sure I would use falling intonation.

That was about question tags. We also saw the difference between adjectives finished in -ed and the ones ending with -ing. For examaple, boring and bored.

Comments welcomed.
Q=^D

No comments: